Monday, August 7, 2006

Yup!

We're here, we're here. Sorry for the delay in posting to let you all know, but our internet's been kinda spotty at home. Plus the fact that I haven't really taken any pictures yet to share, but don't worry...I'll be getting on that.

Things are good here, falling into place. Got in on Friday morning after a pretty harrowing 26 hour trip. Unlike past trips, all our planes were right on time this go-round, so we didn't have to worry about any of that stress. Having the dog with us was a little tough, though more from a worry perspective than anything else. So a car ride, three plane rides, and a boat ride later, we made it to our new place.

Like I said, I'll have pictures in a day or two, but here are a couple first impressions:

- Having boardwalks everywhere is kinda cool. It's like walking on a deck from the house to school, the post office, etc.

- I underestimated how much the extra sunlight would mess with my head. The sun goes down at around 11:30pm and rises at shortly after 6am, so I've never really seen the place in the dark yet. It's a little unnerving, but I guess we'll be making up for it in the winter months, now won't we?

- I slept a crazy amount yesterday. We're talking a full night's sleep, then a 4 hour nap in the afternoon. Still trying to find my balance, I think. They say it takes roughly three weeks for the average person to adjust to a new routine or situation before it becomes "normal" or "habit", so I have a little ways to go. But I think we'll be juuuust fine :-)

So yeah, I'll be back as soon as I get some pictures to show you, and as long as the internet cooperates and lets me post them! Peace!

No comments: