Friday, August 18, 2006

Do not pass go, do not collect $200

Another boardwalk picture, I know. You're going to get bored with me pretty quickly...there's not all that much new and different for me to be documenting all the time, but I'll do my best to keep it fresh.

So after about a day and a half of blue skies this week, and now we're back to overcast and windy. It's in the 50s and fairly gloomy, but I don't really mind at all. My kind of weather, feels like football season. Besides, we're counting our blessings...our friend Jody moved up to Barrow this year, and they've been in the 30s this week and just had their first snow! In August!! Makes for a long, long winter, methinks.

In other news, I've got my application for employment with the LKSD as a sub or an aide here in my grubby little paws. Of course, I'm nervous to actually pull the trigger and doubly nervous to actually be in a classroom for the first time on the other side of the desk, but I'll suck it up and do it and see what happens. It's the only job I'm going to find here, and it's mine if I want it, so why not, right? A job's a job.

It's Friday, which means it's been two weeks that we've been here. Falling into a solid routine, getting comfortable, and it's really is starting to feel like home here. Not to say I wouldn't like to be headed to Joe's at 5 o'clock for a cold beer with the guys, but there's plenty of time for that later. Like Christmas break :-)

No comments: