Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A thousand words...

Yeah, don't really have much to post, so I thought I'd share some pictures. It started snowing last night and into today, but if what I hear is true, it's doing the same in Wisconsin this week, so we're really not all that ahead of the curve. Just wait a few months, though...I have a feeling I'll have some good winter pictures and stories by then!

Anyways, to the pictures:

Here's one I just liked, taken while walking the "long way" home from school one evening. Sun setting over the village and all, I just thought it was a nice shot.


If you'll humor my "outdoorsman" fantasies, here's one of me from last week, taken while we were out fishing. I've been taking my shotgun along in case any ducks or geese decided to fly too close for their own good. Mind you, I've gotten exactly zero so far in the few times I've been out, but I just felt it necessary to pose a bit for this picture considering I am, you know, in Alaska and everything.


Here's an obligatory picture of Loki, demonstrating one of his newly aquired hobbies...climbing on top of the couches like a mountain goat. He doesn't really do anything onced he's up there, just looks around and comes back down, but I think he's really just testing our limits and seeing what we'll let him get away with. Sara says his recent...excitement...is normal, "puppy adolecence", but I'm starting to wonder if he's not just slightly retarded.


And! As a special bonus (lucky, lucky you), here's a link to a video of what happens when you purchase neoprene boots for your dog to protect his paws from the ice and snow when it gets to be real, honest-to-goodness winter in Alaska...and you try to put them on him for the first time. It's not that he hates them, so much, as it is that he doesn't know what the heck is going on. Sorry about the goonish laughter from behind the camera, days can be long and entertainment is at a premiuim. That, or I'm just going a little crazy up here. You can decide.

No comments: